Monday, January 17, 2011

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end"

I know it has been a while since I have written. Where to begin?

At the end... cause "every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

2010 ended with me preparing for the Passion 2011 conference in Atlanta. It was SO amazing!!!! Starting on the first day of 2011, in just 4 short days, 22,000 college students raised over a million dollars for social injustices around the world.

There is strength and impact in numbers.

And our age is not a limitation:


1 Timothy 4:12

Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.

Louie Giglio started out the conference saying 2 things that really stuck out to me:

  1. TIME's  Person of the Year was Mark Zuckerberg who is only 26. He undoubtedly changed the way we communicate and ultimately impacted the entire world. And, Louie said, we can impact the world too. Soooooooo true.
  2. He pointed out that this New Years was 1/1/11. And 1 is the number of new beginnings. And that many ones represent lots of new beginnings for 2011. 


     And, according to Semisonic, "every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."


    I think this is really true too.

    As I start out the beginning of 2011, I face an end: It is "Closing Time" for college.

    Their song sums it up for me:

    Closing time
    Open all the doors and let you out into the world
    ...
    Closing time
    You don't have to go home but you can't stay here

    As my final semester unfolds, I don't know where it is that I'll be going BUT I look forward to new beginnings...

    And impacting the world :)

    I hope you do too, embracing 2011 as a year of new beginnings, whether you are a senior in college or a senior citizen... 12 or 20 or 103 or anything in between.

    Best of luck in 2011!!!

    Also get excited for November... 11/11/11 ;)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment