Saturday, March 27, 2010

What I've Been Up To

I've been absent lately. My apologies.

I have been busy with school but also a few things that seemed worthy of mention here:

1) I went to my first protest. I felt officially collegiate at that point. I wish college campuses took to the street and used our voices more like they did in the 60s. Anyways, a small step in that direction, the awful hate group Westboro Baptist Church came to campus and our students gathered in the name of peace and love.

2) I am staying involved in the political world. I ran for and won a senator position in the SGA so I shall continue to stay active in that next year.

3) I went to my first college academic conference; again feeling super collegiate lately ;) It was the SEWSA (Southeastern Women's Studies Association) Spring Conference at USC and I loved it. I was very afraid I wouldn't which would be awful because I am considering being a professor for WGS and so I need to enjoy and feel embraced in the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment