Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Heart is Broken... Just like Our School Sysem

Everyone deserves an education.
But some aren't getting it.

Our nation has failure factories,
Rather than a road to success.

The only way into a good public school, for many,
Is a lottery.

Their number being pulled.

LUCK.

Not merit.
Not a test score.
Not motivation or desire.
Not even money.

Just a random number.
Just dumb LUCK.

Wake Up Everybody. 

 My heart is broken.
Just like our school system.

I saw Waiting for "Superman" tonight.

It made me cry.
Kids actually WANT to learn.
And. They. Can't.

Cause someone didn't pull their number in a raffle.

We have reduced children's dreams,

And their potential,
To a number.

Which more times that not,
Isn't called.

What does this mean?

 Our system is failing them.
They are failing.
And our country will be doing the same thing,
If we don't change things.

Please go see the movie. 

It's hard to say this,
But I hope your heart becomes broken too.

So you'll do something to fix it.
And our school system.

Let our children shine.

I'll be writing more soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment