Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Speak Out Before There is No One Left: Stop Bullying Now

Watch this powerful 41 seconds from MTV's fabulous campaign: A Thin Line.

It is so well done and so accurate. Words are etched into our memories if not literally etched with ink into our skin.

And watch this sweet anti-bullying ad.

Just one person standing up for another is incredibly powerful. And we all should; here is a reason why:


First They Came 

by Pastor Martin Niemoller


In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. 

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. 

Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. 

Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up.


This past September alone, there were four very public deaths of gay students who commited suicide - because. of. bullying. 

We cannot be silent as those around us are relentlessly bullied. 

We have to speak up... for the red heads, for the LGBT community, for the "uncool" kids... ANYONE facing this daily torture. 


Stop Bullying Now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment