Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Letter: Girl Talk Through Tunes

To All My Single Ladies -



As for the guys who read my posts, sorry; this one's for the girls. Too many of my friends have come to me recently sharing stories of heartbreak and Lord knows I've experienced that, too. So this is a letter for them and any woman who has learned that:

    Ultimately, it's ok because everybody hurts sometimes.


    Just tell that boy to leave the pieces when he goes and find a picture [of him] to burn. Next, and most important, get yourself to your closest good friend and a glass of wine.


    In case you're in a state where you can't tell yourself, a good friend can point out that "he" is clearly insenstive and that you are:

      In fact one day, you'll look back on him and be able to say "There's more to me than you and I'll never again want to go back to you." And if the guy never gave you a chance at a relationship, you'll be able to say "You're the best thing I never had because I'm not settlin' on anyone but my Mr. Right."


      And have no fear, there are Mr. Rights out there that do know how to treat ladies the way they deserve to be treated.


      Besides, if I were a boy, I'd know that there could never be a more beautiful you because you are perfect just the way you are.


      Take heart that God has blessed the broken road. Though your guy maybe hasn't met you yet, you'll find him and he'll say "let it be me" that you choose. 


      Until then, head on out in your red high heels and make any man dumb enough to let you walk away realize that when he was with you, those were the best days of his life.


      And these single days you're in now could be the best days of YOUR life.


      Take advantage of them.

      Don't tell me you need a man because there are plenty of empowering and inspiring independent women out there.


      Join their ranks and put your records on to rock out, single and ready to mingle ;)




                                                                                                             You Are Loved,
                                                                                                                       
                                                                                                                                    Love Me

      3 comments:

      1. I love reading your blog Sara, and this was another excellent edition! :D Good job on all those lyrics! lol

        ReplyDelete
      2. I second Bonnie. I know I wasn't supposed to be reading, but I couldn't help myself. Excellent amalgamation of music. And well said as well!

        ReplyDelete
      3. Thank y'all for the comments.

        I am bad at responding to these because I don't get notifications that people have commented.

        Anyways, I'm attempting to respond to them from here on out....

        I appreciate your encouragement and that you continue to read my blog!

        ReplyDelete