Friday, July 1, 2011

Your Dash: sharing a thought-provoking poem

I'm in the "real world" now.

I get up early and grocery shop and even was lucky enough to find a job.

Though my job may not pay a lot and it will only last the summer, it is going to be the best foundation I could hope for to begin the rest of my career. I'm starting out in the real world as the Mission Team Coordinator for Lowcountry Ministries.

Aka: my job is to go out in the community, serve, and love on people - and help others to do the same.

See? I told ya. It is a great first step into the real world.

It is helping me keep things in perspective as I figure out what to pursue in my future profession.

Thanks to my job and my great boss, Larry Leming,  I was recently reminded of The Dash Poem by Linda Ellis which also helps me keep things in perspective.




So, regardless of where you are in your profession or the real world, "would you be proud of the things they say about how you spent your dash?"

No comments:

Post a Comment