Sunday, January 17, 2010

Just a Little School Update :)

A new year, a new semester, new opportunities.

I love to learn and I am super excited about my classes. I will likely be sharing fun facts or interesting topics that are brought to my attention in my classes cause they are just that cool, trust me.

So, here is a little school update:

  1. The class I am MOST excited about is The History of Fashion and Manners. We will be covering the beginning of man until today - just a little bit intimidating, just a lil bit ;) My teacher, I believe, is a Feminist but she wears fashionable clothes, does her hair and her makeup. It is very encouraging to see someone who looks like me but also THINKS like me too :) Also, we have a guy in the class; he isn't even gay. I look forward to his input and to see if he had a motive involving finding a date when he signed up for this class. Most boys I mention it to are disgusted and would prefer a needle in the eye to this tedious coursework.
  2. Another cool class is Gender and Communication. I have taken this before so now I am serving as a Teaching Assistant. My professor is fantastic and a feminist and I am really thankful I have the chance to be around her another semester.
  3. I'm also excited about Sociology. It will help me understand all of these social institutions I have realized influence gender identity so much.
  4. Human Sexuality will be interesting... to say the least. This is, of course, my class with the most boys in it because that is my luck in life. This is, also, the class where my professor began the first day by discussing a clitoris, masturbation, and the G-spot. Yes, my Southern manners and modesty will influence my participation while in this class - primarily in turning my pale face blood red during a lot of the discussion. However, I think it will be a great challenge for me to be more open with my sexuality and discussion of some of these issues. I have progressed to being able to say "penis" and "vagina" instead of "potty spot" thanks to my previous Women's and Gender classes so I feel confident that new growth awaits me this semester ;)
  5. I am also taking Communication Research Methods (not excited but it is required)

So those are the topics I will be exposed to regularly this semester and likely will strongly influence my postings. I hope they'll be just as interesting to you as they are to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment